I didn’t take a photo of the salad. And I didn’t finish the smoothies series.
But this salad was too good not to post! So here’s a random photo and a delicious recipe for you to enjoy!
3-4 cups fresh arugula
2 cups cooked pearled barley
2 sweet corn cobs, kernels removed
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 wedge of lime juice
2 avocados, chopped
1/2 cup feta
5-6 tbsp LiteHouse Cotija Cilantro Dressing
1-2 tbsp fresh cilantro, optional
1) Mix red pepper, red onion, and corn kernels with 3 tbsp dressing and lime juice.
2) Lay arugula in large serving bowl.
3) Place layer of cooked pearled barley on top of bed of arugula.
4) Layer pepper/red onion/corn mixture on top of barley.
5) Top with avocado and feta cheese.
6) Add remaining 3 tbsp of dressing, and garnish with fresh cilantro.
It’s a beautiful and delicious salad! Next time I’ll snap a photo to share! Substituting quinoa for barley might be a great idea… Enjoy!